Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekend Wanderings: Mothers Day Adventures!

white wolf cafe
*pretty filter on snapchat is the best

I am who I am today because of my amazing mother.


She taught me patience, taught me independence and taught me how to love among many other things.

She also gave me a little sister who is now my best friend and I cannot thank her enough for bringing that girl in to the world.

This weekend was full of fun and laughter with the fam, minus J who sadly had to work.

I drove down Friday after work and we all just kinda chilled at the house and had some killer burgers.

Saturday was an adventure. We drove out to the coast - Cocoa Beach area to take out the paddle boards and hopefully find an island with a little beach we could hang out on.... Mother nature had other plans, while the weather was gorgeous and perfect the wind was making it difficult to find a place to even start paddle boarding.

We drove around for an hour until we stumbled on this small park along the banana river and we finally put the boards in the water.

We ventured though all the mangroves and took a few little cuts back to large openings to just explore.


mangroves

Sounds glamorous I know... Well we got lost for about an hour so we were starving and I was attacked by quite a few large branches going in to the little cuts. But all in all mom had fun and thats what counts!

Sunday was our annual Mothers Day Brunch at a local cafe where the wait is never less than 45mins.

White Wolf Cafe knows how to do it right! They have a waiting are where you can get double mimosas or bloody mary's while you wait inside with great music and most importantly now a days in Florida AC!!

I bought us all around of double mimosas ranging in flavors from mango to pineapple or pomegranate. We sat and laughed and had a great time, then it was time for breakfast and my sister and I went for it! She ordered one of the biggest cinnamon buns I have ever seen and then we got a full breakfast after including fluffy and delicious pancakes!

breakfast

cinnamon roll

After brunch I said my goodbyes and headed back to see my hubby and do adult things like grocery shopping blah.

I know this is a late post but it was a crazy week last week and nothing very exciting happened this weekend... unless cleaning is exciting for you.

I hope all the moms, whether your baby is a human baby of a furry one, had a relaxing and fun filled weekend! Now we much all get back to cleaning up the spit-up or constantly vacuuming the hair from the carpet.

Happy Belated Mother Day!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment