Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend Wanderings: How To Relax

Happy Monday Y'all!!



This was the first weekend this month I was finally just staying put. 

Well minus the trip to target to fill our registry back up, and trying to get getting my oil changed which didnt happen because they were totally booked till close, and to the grocery store, and to the gym... so much for staying put. 

But I since being gone and the starting my new job I haven't been able to finish any of the laundry or give the house a whole scrub down. Kinda driving me crazy, J does help a lot when he can but he works more than me and during the week, so by the end of the day we are both so exhausted and in turn not much cleaning gets done other than a quick once over. 

Every Saturday when J leaves for works he always says "relax as much as possible"... I dont know what that word means. I always say "I just wanna relax" or "gosh I need to go relax" and I never do. This weekend he was the one to relax due a little stomach problem late Friday night. 

Saturdays are my days to get shit done! I clean, do laundry, plan the grocery list, go to the gym, run errands, maybe blog a bit and with the wedding almost here my mind is constantly going at warp speed. I don't even have time to color in the coloring books I got for Christmas any more!

I only have like 20 more days till we are finally man and wife, so after that maybe my nerves will be able to calm down a bit and I will learn what relaxing means! 

Enough of my little shpeal we actually did do some fun stuff this weekend, a main one being dinner at our favorite  the best burger joint in Jax... M Shack.. twice!!


This place is amazing! They have a few locations around Jacksonville along with a couple high end restaurants as well. J & I usually get the same thing every time we go because the burgers are just so perfect but this weekend I switched it up and got their fish sandwich... I finished it before the boys finished their burgers.
I could go on and one about how delicious and fresh all of their food is but that is an entire post on its own. But I will say if you live close to Jax or are just passing though make sure to make a pit stop and have the best burger you will ever eat!

And we went and played FootGolf on Sunday with a few of our closest friends.

It sounds just like what it is... Golf with your feet, your foot is the club and the soccer ball is the golf ball.
soccer golf

And we got to rent a cart so there were some shenanigans on that as well, I may or may not have fallen off and J almost tipped the entire cart. Apparently people take this like 100% serious and there is like an entire league here in Jacksonville so Google "Foot Golf" in your area and go play, its a fun little weekend activity you can do with friends, as a fun first date, or take the whole darn family along!


So despite the cleaning and the minor stomach bug we had a pretty good weekend together which has been a long tim coming! Here hoping to another fun weekend this weekend too!

I hope Monday didn't kill you and that your weekend was just as fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment