Monday, February 15, 2016

Weekend Wanderings

Wedding makeup and other details


Say Hi to our new baby girl Zoey



Hello all! 


This was the best weekend we have had in a very long time, well at least it was for me. 

We got a good amount of wedding stuff done this weekend and a good thing too because we are 54 short days away from "I Do"

Saturday I ventured down to our little outdoor mall here in Jacksonville to get some last minute Valentines gifts for J and brave the makeup lovers paradise Ulta to get some good makeup for my wedding. My usual e.l.f products from target just aren't going to cut it for the big day. 

I follow a couple of makeup/beauty Vloggers on Youtube so before I went in I watched a few of their "get ready" videos and a popular brand among them all was ItCosmetics and Urban Decay (which I have already loved for a while now). My favorite beauty/lifestyle vlogger Marissa Lace swears by the stuff and although we have never met, I trust her like I trust my best friend. 

Now I am not one to splurge on make up often, if ever, but I do ask for some of the more pricey products for Christmas.. like my Urban Decay Smoked pallet from this year or my Naked original from last. But its my wedding and I want to look perfect so this weekend for the first time ever I SPLURGED on makeup and I am so happy I did. 

Here is a list of the things that I bought and a link so you can add them to your makeup bag if they aren't already there:

1. ItCosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ cream  - it really does look so natural and #flawless 
your skin but better


2. ItCosmetics travel brushes - I have make up brushes that I use and love but they have needed replacing for a while now. 



3. ItCosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye - with these late nights of wedding planning and the constant worry of forgetting something on the big day my under eye bags/circles are darker than ever.   

4. Urban Decay De-slick Setting Spray for Oily skin


5. Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Eye Pencil  - in black



6. Urban Decay Cannonball waterproof mascara 


I know you are thinking "Ashlynn that's only 6 things how did you 'Splurge'?", well my friends those six things didn't come cheap and there is a reason because they are BOMB and make you look On Fleek as the kids say. 

This morning before work I decided I would actually do my makeup, more than just some powder and eyeliner, and I am loving the way my skin looks today! The difference from my old makeup is so drastic and the color works perfect, I might need darker for my wedding but I will just add a bit of tinted moisturizer to it when the time comes. 
Anyway back to my awesome skin and new love of CC+ Cream. I put a small pea size amount on my fingers rubbed them together and dabbed on my fave to blend with my brushes. Wow a little bit of this goes a looonngg way, that tiny pea size amount covered my entire face and neck!  
Then I went in with an even tinier amount of the under eye concealer, we're talking just a dot the size of a pen tip, and it looks like I have gotten nothing but a perfect nights sleep for a week, I look awake and refreshed which is needed on a Monday morning.


Also it being Valentines weekend I had lots of delicious adventures planned for J and I. Saturday night I cooked individual Beef Wellingtons, you can find that recipe here, I am sorry for the lack of pictures they were so delicious and got devoured before I even remembered.  


Sunday morning I made breakfast with mimosas and then we went for our cake tasting at a local bakery... 

We got our cake & cupcakes for the wedding and an amazing price from Sweet by Holly, yep the same one from Food Networks Cupcake Wars! We picked two of our favorite flavors and let me tell you that was very very hard to do but we narrowed it down to Plain Jane and Chocolate Mousse. I am so excited!!! 

J also bought me my wedding band on Sunday and it is simple and elegant and beautiful I do not want to wait 54 days to wear it! There is a local jewelry store up here called Beards, best costumer service I have ever had at a jewelry store. They pulled every gold band in the store for us me to try on and I of course picked one of the first bands I tried on. 
But mine is Yellow Gold 
As you can see we had a busy fun filled Valentines weekend, I hope yours was just as wonderful! 
If anyone has any more makeup I should try let me know in the comments! 

Also this little blog is on Instgram now you can find us here @Learning_Life_ 


No comments:

Post a Comment